Alternative Cutwork Method for embroidery
A second method of stitching cutwork embroidery design in the embroidery machine (Brother, Janome, Husqvarna, PFAFF, Tajima ....) involves cutting portions of the machine embroidery design away while the fabric is still hooped. This is a bit tricky, but eliminates the need to rehoop the fabric and align the design.
1. Hoop fabric and water-soluble stabilizer securely, then attach the hoop to the embroidery machine.
2. Sew the first stitching line; this is the cutting line. Remove the embroidery hoop from the embroidery machine and place it on a flat surface.
3. With curved embroidery scissors, carefully cut the fabric only from within the cutwork stitching lines. Take care not to shift or dislodge the fabric in the hoop while cutting.
4. Reattach the hoop to the machine and stitch the remainder of the design.
5. Remove the fabric from the hoop and remove all embroidery stabilizer.